Book review: Looking for Alaska


I have decided that it is time for me to start blogging again. And the only thing I feel comfortable blogging about at this time is books. So prepare yourselves for book reviews, because here they come! 

Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. He heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.

After. Nothing is ever the same.

My review: How could my first book review on here be about anything else than Looking for Alaska? It couldn't! This is my absolute favorite book, hence the blog name. John Green's books are all absolutely amazing and I would recommend them all but this one has forever stolen my heart.

The story is quick-paced and not too long, it's something you could easily read through. But don't mistake it for being simple because of that, because it is much more. The characters are well-written and thought through, they all have their own wishes, needs and reasoning for why they behave the way they do. Looking for Alaska tells the story of a teenage boy who goes to boarding school to find himself but instead ends up finding love. 
My rating: 




0 comments:

Post a Comment